Vocational case management is an integral component of the rehabilitation process to return the injured worker to suitable, gainful employment.
Services are available to evaluate the rehabilitation potential of the claimant, to provide counseling for disability-related concerns, and when appropriate, to access the labor market and identify job placement opportunities are available.
The variety of services available are useful for insurance carriers, employers and attorneys to evaluate the rehabilitation potential of the claimant, to provide counseling for disability-related concerns, and when appropriate, to access the labor market and identify job placement opportunities.
Comprehensive private vocational rehabilitation concentrates on attainment of pre-injury wage considering the worker’s skills, aptitudes, interests and physical capabilities.
The benefits of utilizing vocational case management are numerous:
• Claim dollars for both medical and vocational payment decrease
• Relevant medical and vocational issues of the claim are identified and solved in a timely fashion
• Problems associated with return-to-work are identified and solved in a timely fashion
• Creates a positive relationship between the insurance company, the claimant and the attorney
• Documents all case activity, to include objective detail of medical issues, vocational goals, behavioral interactions, and financial aspects of the situation
• Assists in decision making based on specific recommendations
• Controls the direction of the file, lowers industrial disability loss, and reduces long-term financial responsibility
• Encourages and supports the injured worker to seek and obtain suitable work
• Proves employment options and permanent job opportunities are available