When Do You Need a Life Care Planner?
Typically a life care planner is helpful for legal cases involving catastrophic injuries or chronic health conditions.
- Lawyers, physicians, and insurance companies can hire a life care planner to research, analyze and develop life care plans for patients who experience catastrophic injuries or chronic health conditions related to birth, brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, amputation, trauma, burns, and other serious injury.
Where Do You Need a Life Care Planner?
A life care planner is useful in a variety of jurisdictions.
- In legal cases that include workers’ compensation, personal injury, medical malpractice and marital dissolution
- A plan is also useful to protect assets when aging, disability or chronic disease raises tough questions about estates
- Other civil lawsuits, estates and probate needs
Why Do You Need a Life Care Planner?
A life care planner is beneficial for individuals, families and funding sources for many good reasons. A good planner is able to ~
- Provide the individual and the family with an outline of future care
- Guide people through the complex maze of rehabilitation and long-term care coordination
- Assess diagnoses and work-related disabilities
- Network and make connections with health care providers and holistic practitioners
- Educate, motivate and support the family regarding their loved one’s needs
- Help insurance companies set reserves
Who Do You Need to Be Your Life Care Planner? How About Me?! Amy!
With my extensive training, experiences and knowledge, I am able to zero in on vocational rehabilitation needs….often a key component when attorneys and insurance companies are settling or trying a legal case involving an individual of working age.
Please take into account a child deserves the opportunity to work and make money in their future, and if permanently and totally disabled, many factors come into play when assessing their potential earning capacity. It starts with assessing the child’s parent’s working background!
I can help you help your client and your client’s family.
Contact Amy E. Botkin at
515-282-7753 or email@example.com for more information on life care planning services.
My professional rehabilitation counseling practice is focused on helping people participate in the world around them, particularly in their own world of work.